Monday, July 27, 2009

Return to Running.......Attempt #5....on hold

Was planning to take two weeks off and try again - which would have been this last weekend....figured why not make it 3 instead so I'll try next week. I'm kinda reluctant to try as its failed so many times now what I thought I was done with this but I guess I've gotta get out there sometime.

This thing as been very de-masculating.....I used to pride myself at pushing to the limits thru the little and sometimes not so little pains of running and went 3 years solid without more than maybe a week off due to injury. Now going on 9 months off for something that has barely even been very painful (the word "pain" is a gross exageration) for much of any of it (except for a week in April). Now the very slightest hint of maybe kinda sorta something and I'm heading for the couch.....I so much preferred the prior near indestructable self image...

3 comments:

Michael Busch said...

Hey John, sorry to hear you are still waiting but glad to hear you are continuing to feel better.
I am on day 81 so not nearly as long as you so I understand your frustration and hesitancy to return. I have been feeling mostly better and ran .5 miles last Friday, and .8 yesterday. Both times I can't say I felt great. I definitely had some soreness and/or discomfort during the runs but overall they didn't feel really bad. My guide is how I feel afterwards and on that count I have had mixed results. Nothing bad to speak of but I "feel" like I have a bit more soreness for a while and then it goes away within a day. Not sure what to read into this but like you I would rather be safe than sorry.
Keep us posted as to your progress. For me I am going to give it another 2 days off and see how I feel on another short "run".

Neeraj Rohilla said...

Hi John,
Good luck on your recovery. I know it can be really frustrating.

Eagerly waiting for next post.

elf said...

Grrrrrrr...sorry to hear that.